- How big is the Family Sleeper pad? The pad is generously sized at approximately 36 inches wide by 58 inches long. It's large enough for a parent and a child so no seams to lay on.
- How does the pillow separate from the pad? Simply unsnap the pad and the pillow is released and can then be used separately as a maternity body pillow or for easy washing.
- What materials are used to make the Family Sleeper? Our pad is made from the highest quality organic cotton flannel. Our pillows are made using organic cotton and are filled with a natural plant fiber called kapok.
- How do I care for my Family Sleeper? The pad can be machine washed, normal cycle in cold water wash and rinse to prevent shrinkage. The pad can be machine dried on low heat or hung to dry. We recommend the bolster/body pillow be spot cleaned only. The pillow has a hidden zipper to remove the fill and wash the case if you choose (machine wash cold and low temp dry to prevent shrinkage).
- Does the pad move or shift while in use? The weight of the product keeps the pad in place. The added weight of mother and child and the non slick flannel assures the pad will not move. Our bolster is nearly 5 feet long and filled with 6 pounds of kapok fill to also help keep the pillow portion in place. If baby is pushed or scoots toward the body pillow, the seamless design doesn't allow for a crevice to form or to obstruct baby's breathing space.
- Can my child crawl over the bolster? Yes, however the Humanity Family Sleeper is designed to prevent a sleeping infant/child from rolling off of the bed. The Family Sleeper is designed to be used by an infant/child and a committed bed sharing parent. It is not recommended that you leave your infant alone of the Family Sleeper.